Travelling with Pets
Conditions and Regulations for Transport and Carriage
Please also note the following conditions and regulations for transport/carriage with regard to travelling with pets.
Registering a Pet
For security reasons, we can only accept animals with a confirmed reservation accompanied by a passenger with a booked flight ticket. We will accept one pet per passenger in the cabin and/or in the cargo hold, provided we have enough capacity available. We only allow one pet per carrier.
Regulations for Flights Operated by Other Airlines
- The transport and carriage of animals is only possible on Condor nonstop flights. If you have booked a connecting flight with one of our partner airlines you may contact the airline directly to book the transport and carriage of your pet.
- As required under EU Regulations EU-VO 576/2013 und EU-DVO 577/2013, we can only transport dogs and cats within the EU if they are at least 4 months old; we can only transport dogs and cats from unlisted third countries (i.e. Bahamas, Brasil, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Gambia, Grenada, India, Morocco, Montenegro, Namibia, Panama, Tansania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey) to the EU if they are at least 7 months old.
- We cannot transport sick or injured animals or dogs and cats which will probably give birth during the flight or which have given birth less than 12 weeks ago. Pets sedated by medication must respond when spoken to.
- Your pet may only be transported in a container which meets the requirements of the IATA Live Animals Regulations (IATA LAR). Animals must be able to stand up without their head or ears coming into contact with the roof of the cage or crate. They must be able to turn around and lie down in a natural position. We only allow one pet per container/carrier.
- Water and food containers must be provided and the cage or crate must be stable and clean, have a watertight base and be lined with absorbent material. Mesh roofs are not permitted. Please be aware that the transportation of animals can be refused at check-in if the container is too small or does not meet the IATA requirements.
- Please note that the temperature in the cargo hold is about 10 degrees on short- and medium-haul routes and about 18-23 degrees on long-haul routes. Ventilation is provided on all routes.
- Different conditions and regulations may apply for flights operated by other airlines or codeshare flights.
- Animal transports for commercial purposes are excluded from transport.
- For details about payment, transportation or damage during the flight, please read our terms and conditions.
Entry and Exit Regulations
- Please familiarize yourself with the entry and exit regulations for your destination.
- We not check your data or the documents provided by you regarding correctness and completeness.
- Condor can not be held liable for any consequences, losses or costs arising from non-compliance with the applicable national regulations for entry, exit and transit of the animal, or for the failure of passengers to provide proper documentation for entry and health requirements put. This also applies to the re-entry into the country of origin.
- Failure to comply with these conditions will result in additional costs (in particular quarantine costs).
- Please note that customs / veterinary offices are not open at all times (for example, the office at Frankfurt airport is open until 8 pm) and your pet is held in an animal station until the release is paid by you. Also any additional costs have to be paid by you.
The following breeds are generally not accepted for transportation: Pitbull Terrier, American Pitbull, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bullterrier, Bullterrier, Amer. Bulldog, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro, Kangal (Karabash), Caucasian Ovtcharka, Mastiff, Mastino Napoletano.
The airline is entitled to refuse to transport the animal in case of non-compliance. The airline cannot be held liable for any damages, indirect or otherwise, that may result from this refusal to transport.
Information on the transportation of snub-nosed dogs and cats
Snub-nosed breeds of dogs and cats are particularly sensitive to temperature and stress. We therefore do not allow the transport of such dogs or cats because the risk of serious damage to health or, in the worst-case scenario, even death, cannot be excluded.
These risks apply to dog breeds such as:
Boston Terrier, Boxer, Bulldog (all breeds other than the American Bulldog), Chow Chow, Griffon Bruxellois, Japanese Chin, English Toy Spaniel, Mops, Pekinese and Shih Tzu
These risks apply to cat breeds such as:
Persian, Burmese, Himalayan and Exotic Shorthair
This also applies to mixed breeds.
Please note that on flights to/from the following destinations, pets may neither be transported in cabin nor in cargo hold:
- Cape Town
- Male (Maldives)
- Las Vegas (Mai until September)
For animals being transported on flights with destinations in the UK, Ireland, Sweden and Malta, passengers must comply with former, stricter regulations for animals regarding blood tests and hepatitis vaccinations that are still in effect.