This section provides information on health and staying relaxed during your flight.
Smoking On Board
All flights operated by Condor are non-smoking flights. Please understand that this is in response to our customers' preference for a nicotine-free environment on the aircraft.
We regret that the use of e-cigarettes on board is also not permitted.
The entire Condor fleet has been equipped with defibrillators for medical emergencies, e.g. cardiac arrest. A defibrillator automatically checks a person's heart rhythm. If it recognises life-threatening ventricular fibrillation, it tells the rescuer when an electric shock is needed, which the rescuer triggers with the push of a button.
Condor cabin crew members have been taught how to use defibrillators in regular training courses.
Disinsection On Board
Health authorities in some countries require all airlines to spray the cabin both before and after landing with "Standard Reference Aerosol" (SRA), which is designated as non-hazardous to health by the WHO (World Health Organization). The active ingredient of this aerosol is natural pyrethrum, a chrysanthemum extract that degrades within a few hours.
This measure is intended to prevent animal or plant diseases from being brought into the country. The following countries require disinsection of the cabin: Barbados, Cuba, India, Jamaica, Madeira, Mauritius, Maldives, Mexico, Seychelles and Trinidad/Tobago.
Please check to see what immunizations and vaccinations and other preventive measures are required in plenty of time before travelling. You should also ask your doctor about thrombosis and other health risks if you aren't sure.
You can obtain general information from public health agencies, doctors specialised in travel medicine, travel-related health and diseases (emporiatrics) or tropical medicine, travellers’ health information services or the German Federal Centre for Health Education.
Tips for a Relaxed Flight
Here are some helpful tips:
- Drink plenty of fluids! Because the air on the plane is extremely dry. We recommend bringing a bottle of water with you in addition to using the beverage service on board. You can purchase a bottle of water at the airport after the hand baggage screening. On our longhaul flights, we provide a complimentary bottle of water at your seat.
- Travel in comfortable, non-restrictive, loose clothing. Comfortable shoes and thicker socks will keep your feet warm during the flight.
- Bring warm clothing or a small blanket with you into the cabin. Some passengers feel that the air-conditioning on board is a bit cool.
- Bringing a travel pillow and a sleeping mask will make sleeping on the plane more comfortable.
- If you have a cold: Use nose drops before take-off, and drink more than usual. This will keep your nose clear, and it will be easier for your ears to compensate for the pressure change during take-off and landing.
- An airplane sometimes shakes or makes unfamiliar noises. That is perfectly normal and no reason for you to worry.